Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas At Our House 2014


We have had our tree and decorations up for a few weeks, but have been busy with some medical appointments, so I'm just now showing my photos.


I didn't purchase anything new this year, except ribbon.  I wasn't sure if I would do something similar to last year or switch it up, but my mom asked if I would keep the look we had last year, so I did.


Birds, nests, snowflakes and natural items were what I used.  This year I didn't use anything breakable.  That meant leaving off my favorite glass pine cone collection that I always use.  I have two six month old kittens that hadn't seen a Christmas tree before, so that is always an unknown as to what they will bother on the tree.  I had to get a new tree this year, so I actually did buy something new, just not ornaments.  The tree we had was one of the first pre-lit trees, so it was pretty old.  I had trouble getting the mid-section to light the last two years, so when I came across a slimmer tree at Lowe's I got it.  It fits our tree space better and even though it's a slim tree it's more A lined than slim trees have been in the past.  When I brought it home, I set it up without decorations for about three weeks to get the kitten used to it being in the living room.  They have actually been very good about leaving it alone so far.


For the topper this year, I secured a large jingle bell in the bow, so I could hear if "anyone" started messing with the tree.  Again, so far, so good.


The last few years I haven't needed holiday decor in all corners of my house.  This year and last, just the tree, mantel and a few places with some favorite things.


A wreath with just lights and pine cones, adding in the same ribbon as on the tree. A little owl decided to take up residence there too.


A couple of favorite reindeer cookie jars on our coffee bar hold sugar free brownies and cocoa mix, along with our favorite Christmas coffee mugs.  We have our keurig set up on the buffet in our kitchen all the time.





Thanks for stopping by for a holiday visit!

Gina


Linking up to Cozy Little House, Joyful Homemaking and Saving 4 Six, Thrifty Decor Chick,
 The Scoop

3 comments:

  1. Gina - Your tree is gorgeous! You have lots of Christmas décor and look ready for the holidays.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! I think of you often and know this holiday season will be bitter sweet for you. Sending a hug your way.

      Delete
  2. I love your tree!! The owls are precious! We have a "natural" tree this year with lots of owls too! Merry Christmas from Buttercup Bliss.

    ReplyDelete