Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Easy and Delish Potato Soup

Most folks have their own potato soup recipe.  I've used several over the years and most are good.  We were in the mood for some the other night, but I didn't want to spend time peeling a batch of potatoes.  So, the solution was to get out my crockpot and let it do all the work.



Here is my recipe, for the lazy:

1 bag of frozen hash browns (30 oz).  No need to thaw.

1 can of celery soup

2 cans of chicken broth

diced onion.  I used one small onion.

chopped celery

Salt and pepper to taste.

Here is the hard part:  whisk the celery soup and broth in the crock pot.
                                    Dump in the frozen hash browns, onion, and celery.
                                    Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
                                   
Let the crock pot do it's thing on low for 5 or 6 hours. 

Top bowls of soup with cheese, bacon, or green onions if desired.

That's it. 

A hearty, comforting dinner, for the lazy and hungry.

Joining Brenda's Tweak It Tuesday.
http://www.cozylittlehouse.com/2013/10/tweak-it-tuesday-60_14.html

4 comments:

  1. Hey, your post showed up in my email! I would never have thought of hash browns. What a wonderful idea. I'm going to get a crock pot, because I love potato soup.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, thanks! My crock pot is the size that holds a whole chicken, so if you buy a smaller one, decrease the amount of potatoes. The whole bag filled my crock pot. My crock pot is my BFF!

      Delete
  2. Gina,

    This look delicious! I have a crock pot and I am totally going to make this!

    Thanks so much for inspiring me!

    Happy day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out for you, Karianne!

      Delete